we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As an Administrative Project Coordinator
in Wilmington, DE
, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic Biopharmaceuticals Business Unit (CVRM BUU) bridges science and commercial, integrating corporate, portfolio, therapy areas and product strategies, providing strategic direction from early-stage research through to commercialization.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficiency with Outlook to manage busy calendars, schedule meetings, conference calls, and special events/conferences including exercising discretion as to priority and decision-making responsibility.
- Responds on behalf of the senior leaders to different stakeholders maintaining high professional standards whilst meeting conflicting needs
- Arrange multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements and expense reports with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely action is taken. Monitor VISA's and Passport expirations to ensure they are current.
- Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint projects, and Excel reports under normally tight time constraints.
- Prepare meeting agendas, presentation and read-ahead materials and minutes, maintain team contact lists, org. charts, manage the availability of office supplies. Handle telephone calls, including screening incoming calls and mail distribution.
- Prepare and edit correspondence and general communications for supervisor and other team members.
- Work with Vendors to help schedule meetings and help facilitate logistics.
- Facilitate work though contracting routes, to enable rapid SOW creation and project initiation along with purchase order creation, invoice resolution and other financial administration. Proficiently manage departmental budgets.
- Assist with administrative and logistical aspects related to recruitment of new employees (schedules interviews, coordinates on-boarding of new staff)
- Maintains awareness of new systems with potential impact on administrative work and develops personal expertise in new systems.
- Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Work with leaders to help prioritize work and realize efficiencies within the team.
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years of administrative support experience.
- Must have strong writing and communication skills and the ability to interact confidently with executives/ employees.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a global environment.
- Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments.
- Should be able to work autonomously, and at the same time, collaborate effectively with other members of the administrative support team.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Flexible to adapt to ever changing needs and deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Must be able to demonstrate tact, persuasion and/or negotiation and maintain confidentiality.
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.