A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. Here we are always looking to learn more, welcoming the varied opportunities to expand our horizons or develop niche expertise. Embrace the unparalleled access to industry-leading research, technology and pipeline product launches with a footprint in every region. Coupled with our agility and sharp focus on talent development, there is an exciting opportunity to accelerate a rewarding and meaningful career.
We are currently seeking a Top Talent Franchise Operations Specialist
who will work closely with Oncology Commercial Operations leadership to proactively act as the first point of contact for Global Oncology teams based in the U.S., UK, and EU supporting key financial deliverables across the AZ planning, budgeting, and purchasing cycle.Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Management of key vendor contract strategy, third party relationship management and facilitation and management of milestone payments. Responsible for managing and tracking external spend budget. Hold monthly budget updates with contract owners and quarterly business reviews to include Finance and Project
- Streamlines coordination between global teams (Legal, Procurement, Global Finance, and Compliance) and works to standardize and improve processes to deliver faster, more reliable and predictable services
- Partner with Finance, Procurement and Compliance teams to deliver efficient and effective purchase-to-pay and budget management support to the Global OBU Commercial brand teams.
- Conducts historical analysis of any existing vendor contracts and reviews with key internal partners/stakeholders
- As needed, supports customers and/or sourcing in negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Monitors existing customer contracts using approved performance methodologies, tools, etc.; includes identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement
- Maintaining SOX compliant activity, advising the team on policy
- First point of contact for all contractual and financial matters relating to the Franchise area they support
- Proactively make and implement recommendations to streamline end to end process to improve turnaround times and accuracy of data without compromising quality
- Plan, develop and adjust work methods and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree (general business, managed health care, legal or finance disciplines are preferred) or equivalent experience
- 5 plus years managing contracts or business operations experience
- 5 plus years working with accruals and budgeting
- Expert level Microsoft Office user
- MBA or related graduate-level degree is a plus
- Experience with Ariba, SAP, SalesForce, SharePoint, ePay, Coupa, and Anaplan
- Previous contract development or related experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech or related industry is preferred
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is a plus