Join the fastest growing team determined to change the practice of medicine and change the way we view cancer. Here we are removing the fear by eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
, We relentlessly follow the science - purposefully pushing back the limits of knowledge. From pioneering innovative treatment pathways to shaping the care environment and maximizing medicine lifecycles. From early detection to harnessing big data analytics and machine learning.
We put the patient first - that's why we are all here, to ensure no patient is left behind. From early diagnosis to survivorship we transform the experience and deliver more effective treatments. Driven by opportunity to rewrite the future one patient's life at a time.
It's through our combination of pioneering science, and commitment to patients, we are making this the greatest decade ever in the fight against cancer.
Our dedication to Oncology makes this a place to build a career unlike any other, Accelerate forward by seizing opportunities, working at the cutting edge, embracing big challenges, and always be willing to learn.Job Description
As the Head of the US Medical Affairs Center for Innovations and Medical Excellence,
you will be a pivotal member of the US medical leadership team, engaging with multiple stakeholders across Research and Development (R&D) and Oncology Business Unit (OBU) - Medical and Commercial.
You will lead a team of experts driving medical excellence across medical field teams and HQ medical, improving operational:
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- innovative and strategic projects
- internal and external partnerships
- Act as a Chief of Staff for the VP USMA Oncology
- Develop a framework and operating model for Next-Gen Med Affairs within USMA Oncology, together with the USMA leadership team, make USMA OBU - The Place To Be.
- Accountable for building and leading a diverse and inclusive proactive team of experts to deliver:
- Develop /expend internal capabilities to deliver on our ambition to build Next Generation Med Affairs.
- Optimize Insights gathering utilizing the right systems and data sources available to the organization (internal & external)
- Drive prioritization, efficiency, and operational excellence
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of medical activities and develop reports
- Drive the USMA medical planning process, launch excellence
- Lead the planning and coordination of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) engagement interventions and tools
- Identify and guide the USMA team in developing strategic digital partnerships and projects to meet the needs of our patients and external stakeholders
Drive innovative projects by identifying opportunities and proposing tailored solutions for internal projects as well as external projects, within a disease area or above brands (Healthcare disparities, Scientific Leadership, Clinical trials optimization, etc.
US Scientific Partnerships:
- Talent identification, development, engagement, retention and succession planning for direct and indirect reports within their span of control
- Accountable for overall budget and resource planning across Oncology Business Unit (OBU) US Medical.
- Specifically designs and maintains processes and systems to effectively manage the overall Oncology Medical budget (circa $100 million)
- Acts as single point of contact for the Finance organization through the annual corporate financial process
- Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional project resources (both internal and external)
- Undertaking appropriate stakeholder and risk management interventions i.e. stakeholder mapping and engagement plans andidentify and resolve business risks/issues.
- Advanced scientific Degree
- 7-10 years global/in-market Pharma experience
- Oncology experience
- Experience shaping, developing & successfully implementing plans
- Process management expertise; with experience off applying LEAN Methodology to reduce complexity
- Experience in strategic planning processes and tools
- Experience in understanding of forecasts, budgets, financial processes and tools
- Experience in an alliance or strategic partnership
- Experience in translating business needs into a coordinated plan
- Results-orientation with ability to develop creative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Managing complexity: Ability to manage complex projects and use network to solve organizational issues
- Comfort with ambiguity, paired with a proactive transformational leadership style
- Prioritization: Ability to define priorities and focus on areas that add value
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify the crux of a problem, and propose actionable solutions
- Communication: Extreme clarity of communication, focused on key issues
- Project Management: Clear organizational skills and ability to drive a team to solve complex problems
- Collaborative style/Team player and the ability to influence at senior levels
- Innovative, self-starter with the resilience to work effectively in a fast-moving environment